Our Community Involvement
We Love Our Community
Since opening in December of 2018, SLATE bas been committed to being involved in our community.
- SLATE has provided over 1,000,000 individual meals to the Homeless, Seniors and Covid families in Ventura County since 2020 through VCAAA and Mercy House programs.
- Participated in World Central Kitchen’s early COVID program providing meals for hospital staff.
- Donated SLATE Family Meals through our community drives for families in need.
- Delivered over 400 ready-cooked family meals to those targeted by CASA PACIFICA as families in need throughout the county. Additionally, we held multiple Family Meal Drives for Camarillo Memorial Hospital nurses, hair salons, and other industries affected by the COVID closures, giving out over 1,000 meals.
- We host free homeless BBQS for over 500 people, twice annually, at various homeless shelters throughout Ventura County.
- SLATE catering team provided up to 3,600 daily meals for the EDISON fire crew during the Fresno fires.